The IEDR, Ireland’s Domain Registry, are reporting that 96% of the 500 SME’s (Small Medium Enterprises) that were surveyed did not have an analytics package enabled on their site.
The survey established that while 63% of Irish SMEs have a website;
- 54% don’t have responsive website designs for tablet or smartphone
- 66% don’t have video content on their website
- 91% cannot process sales online
- 62% cannot (in the first instance) take sales orders online
- 68% cannot process payments online
- 51% don’t have the ability to interact directly with customers through social media or web chat
Only 4% have the capacity to run analytics on their website performance.
In Ireland, a small enterprise is defined as having 50 or fewer employees while a medium enterprise is up to 250. The findings on the ‘E-commerce’ research will have more relevance for the medium enterprise with greater resources, while the salient points for the small or ‘micro’ businesses including sole traders lie with the statistics on responsive websites , social media integration and analytics.
At 15 Eleven we specialise in providing online solutions to the small business owner. We concentrate on a solution that satisfies specific needs rather than a generic one size fits all package. One thing we know, “one size does not fit all” when it comes to an online presence for your business.
Contact us today for a consultation by filling out our contact form or phoning (086) 853 1052.